Thursday, August 14, 2008

Second last day

Yesterday was my second last day at work. The phrase for the day was, "I do not care". I was saying that a lot yesterday and almost everyone thought it was pretty funny.

I went out with all of my friends, at work, for lunch. The guy who recently got a job someplace else, joined us. Lunch sucked. The service was horrible and the food was crap. In the end, I didn't even get what I ordered because my order was given to someone else. After an hour and a half two people had to leave before the food was served. That was the second worst restaurant experience in my life. There were about 15 tables in the restaurant and only our table was getting shit service. The tip on a $60 bill? 25cents. I've never done that before, but I was pissed!

About 15 minutes before I was supposed to leave work, I ran into an "Oh my god" problem. Something was seriously messed up and it had to be fixed. WTF? Why am I always the one left holding the bag, when things go to shit? Where the hell are the other two guys, who can work on this? I have to catch a train. If I miss my train, I have to wait over 4 hours for the next one. Why am I the only one still in the office, who can look at this? F this! I banged out an email essentially saying, "I can't work on this. This is a serious problem. This is what's wrong. Good luck figuring it out." and went home.

Glenna over at G's spot has been writing recently about "going above and beyond" and then getting screwed over because of it. Glenna, you are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment