Friday, June 27, 2008

It wasn't me.

I'm not terribly fond of my current boss. Actually, I think he is one of the most dimwitted people that I have ever had the displeasure to work with.

I once went to a 1 hour meeting with him and it took 5 hours! He didn't listen. I kept on repeating myself because he didn't seem to be listening. He kept on talking about the same stuff over and over. 4.5 hours into the meeting, he asked me about why I seemed to be angry! One of the people I work with discovered that you just have to stand up, mumble something about having to go somewhere and then just walk out. It works like a charm. I owe the guy who told me about that little meeting termination strategy, many beers.

I'm going to be finished this job in a little over two months. Everyone I work with was wondering when I was finally going to flip out and lose it on my boss. Yesterday someone beat me to it. I'm told that the guy who lost it actually used phrases like, "Go ahead fire me! Do it! Do it now!", "Let's go over and talk to HR right now and see what they think!"

I only have 66 days to go. A part of me wants to go to war with my boss, but I find myself wondering what that would accomplish. I'm going to be out of this job in a little over 2 months. I have a bit to lose (2 months of pay) and almost nothing to gain.

It wasn't me. It was the other guy. Nobody was expecting that.

No comments:

Post a Comment