Sunday, January 27, 2008

Job turning to crap?

Most of the people I work with are quite perturbed about the "replacement" of my boss. A couple of people I work with are thinking that they will probably be "replaced" very soon. Given my plans to start school in September, I'm not overly concerned about losing my job. I am a bit concerned about the prospect of not having any money coming in for several months, while I'm waiting for school to start. I also don't want to look for another IT job. I would rather be unemployed, if I can do that without enduring much of a financial hardship.

I'm going to be starting school in about 7 months. I'm wondering about what type of severance I would be entitled to, if I lose my job. If I get fired tomorrow would I get enough money, in my severance package, to get me through the next 7 months? Would I actually have any money left over when school starts? Am I going to be left as the last man standing in August, after everyone else has either quit or been fired?

I met my new boss on Friday. He seems like a decent guy, but given the situation, I don't know if he can be trusted.

The only person not upset by the current situation is a lazy, brown nosing , ass-kissing weazel. That guy's already doing some hard core schmoozing of the new boss.

No comments:

Post a Comment