Saturday, January 12, 2008

First Aid and CPR/AED Course

Today, I finished the first day of a two day CPR and First Aid course. It's called "Red Cross Standard First Aid and CPR/AED-HCP". Taking the course is a prerequisite for the Respiratory Therapy program, that I'll be starting in September. It's also satisfies the First Aid and CPR certification requirements that health care professionals need.

We did the First Aid portion today and will do the CPR/AED portion tomorrow. I'm really wondering about the legal issues associated with the use of AEDs in my area. After I finish the course, am I legally allowed to use an AED on someone?

Today the course was taught by two people, one is a Paramedic and the other is a Fire Fighter.

I think the second day will be a bit harder. I'm looking forward to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment