Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Thoughts about the composite exam

I'm currently studying for my Pulmonary Diagnostics exam, which I write tomorrow. I will be writing the cumulative composite exam on Friday. The exam is supposed to cover what has been taught over the last 2 years of RT school.

 
I haven't really studied much for the composite exam and these are some of the reasons why:
  • I like sleeping.
  • Trying to cram for an exam that covers 2 years of RT school is just plain stupid and I won’t spend more than a day doing it.
  • I've probably remembered a few things, which I've learned over the last two years, and probably will be tested on some of that.
  • The composite exam is supposed to encourage students to review and reinforce things that they have already learned. I don't need the encouragement to do that and will do that over the next eight months.
  • How I do on the composite will not have anything to do with the marks that show up on my student transcript. If I plan on furthering my education, no one will care how I did on the composite. They will want to see my transcript. I have had no interest in studying less, for courses whose marks will show up on my transcript, so that I can do better on the composite.
  • If I fail the composite, I will just have to write up a study plan that will address the things that I need to brush up on. I probably would have come up with a study plan, on my own anyway, so that I do better in clinical and can pass the registry exam next year. I probably wouldn't have written one up but I sure would have had one in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment