Thursday, January 07, 2010

The right book can make a difference

Rau's Respiratory Care Pharmacology is the book that I was supposed to, and did, buy for last semester's Pharmacology course.













Integrated Cardiopulmonary Pharmacology is the book that I wish I would have bought for last semester's Pharmacology course. I just received a copy of this book today and noticed something pretty obvious. The most difficult modules for the Pharmacology course were based on material from this book. I've started to read the relevant parts of the book and a lot of the disconnected facts, from the course, are now starting to come together and make sense.


I personally prefer Integrated Cardiopulmonary Pharmacology.  It's a lot more clear and concise and also constantly points out the clinical significance and relevance of concepts.

Rau's Respiratory Care Pharmacology is a good book.  Unfortunately, it quite often goes into too much detail and the fundamental concepts get lost in the minutiae.  I will turn to this book, when I find that the other book doesn't go into as much detail as I need.

No comments:

Post a Comment