Sunday, June 03, 2007

Second thoughts

I must admit, that at times I do have second thoughts about my intention to change careers. I've recently wondered about why I felt the need to change careers. Was it the job or was it the work environment that need to be changed? Do I just need to have a more flexible work schedule, so that I don't feel "trapped" in a job that has a tendency to grind me down?

I recently poked around on a "find a job" web site to see what kind of Respiratory Therapy jobs were available. There doesn't seem to be a shortage of openings for new Respiratory Therapists, which is a comforting fact. I did notice that a lot of the positions were for short term positions that lasted either 6 or 12 months. The prospect of only committing to a short employment term is strangely intriguing...

I'm starting to think that I might be one of those people who needs the variety associated with moving from one job to another, on a regular basis, in order to stay fresh and enthused about his working life. Maybe what I need is to have periods of unemployment mixed in with my jobs, so that I can lead what I feel to be a satisfying life.

As always, only time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment