Wednesday, April 11, 2007

To remain anonymous

There has been a disturbing trend in the blogosphere. People are getting into trouble for their blogging. In many cases they aren't actually doing anything wrong. Take a look at Baby Medic's Sunday, March 18, 2007 post at http://rockymountainmedic.blogspot.com/ and http://pdxemt.blogspot.com/ to see what I'm talking about. These bloggers have run into problems even though they don't seem to have done anything wrong.

There are certain things that I shouldn't be blogging about. Posting anything that violates patient confidentiality is obviously something that shouldn't be done. I can even understand why I shouldn't be posting anything as a "disgruntled employee" or "disgruntled student".

What concerns me is that someone may take issue with something that I post and I will have defend my right to blog or stop blogging all together. If no one knows who I am, I won't have to defend anything I do. I should only have to worry about blogging and doing so in an ethical manner.

I have occasionally been tempted to tell some friends about my blog. I think I'm going to keep this blog "my little secret", so that I don't ever feel that my blogging is a threat to my career aspirations and eventual employment as a Respiratory Therapist.

I think that in time, this blog will be of great value for me as a travel down the road towards becoming a Respiratory Therapist. As an added benefit, this blog will also give people who are interested in the Respiratory Therapy profession some information about what it's like to be a Respiratory Therapy student.

For now I shall remain anonymous.

No comments:

Post a Comment