Tuesday, February 19, 2008

A watch I don't hate

I generally hate wearing watches. In the past when I've tried to wear a watch, I found that I was constantly taking it off and putting it down somewhere. Unfortunately, when I put the watch down I could never remember where I put it. So, like most people these days, I haven't regularly worn a watch for several years because I use my cell phone to keep track of the time.

A few months ago, I decided that I should get used to wearing a watch. As an RT student, and eventually an RT, wearing a watch could come in handy when I'm trying to measure someone’s pulse or respiration rate.

My efforts to train myself to wear a watch haven't been working to well until recently. Things finally changed, when I took a hammer to one of my watches.

The watch that I was trying to get used to wearing fell on the floor one day and the back came off of it. I couldn't quite figure out how to get the back of the watch back onto the watch, so I thought that I would give it a few taps with a hammer. Unfortunately, for my watch, I started to get a little frustrated and started pounding on the damn thing until I broke it real good. I also discovered that taking a hammer to something, while it's on a ceramic tile floor, is also not a good idea. Ceramic tile can, and will, chip when hit with a hammer.

A few days after my watch got hammered, I went over to the local pharmacy and bought a cheap Timex. I'm quite pleased with the watch, because I don't detest wearing it. I actually have trouble remembering to take it off, before I go to bed at night. I try to avoid wearing a watch when I'm sleeping, because I will invariably smack myself in the face with it. I think it's the watch's wristband that makes all of the difference. It's not metal and it's not leather, which seems to make it less objectionable on my wrist.

My new watch:

No comments:

Post a Comment