Friday, February 05, 2010

Thoughts about simulation

These are some things that I've learned during my High Fidelity Simulations so far:
  • I'm part of a team.  If don't act like a part of the team and communicate with team members during an emergency, things go to crap really fast.
  • Make sure the ties on my gown are done up well.  Having your gown fall off, onto the patient, when your doing an intubation is a pain in the ass.
  • Sharp things can make me bleed.
  • Don't over plan for the Sim. 
  • I don't know what's going to happen. 
  • I can't preplan for every eventuality. 
  • Being flexible and able to adapt is worth more than "studying up for Sim" the night before.
  • Communication with team members is absolutely essential.  If you're communicating well, mistakes don't get made or can be quickly corrected before they have a chance to matter.
  • If you can't find something, and you're in a hurry, ask for help finding it.
  • Always ask for help when you need it.  Things get done faster and better.
  • Be nice to people when you're stressed and don't get upset by people who can't be nice when they're stressed.
  • Hight Fidelity Simulation is reallly cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment